Thursday, January 12, 2012

What do you think: Lamb for Diapers?

I offered Laura what I thought was a pretty sweet deal last night.  She eventually declined to take it, which made me think to see what everyone else would think. 

Here's the deal - while we were out in Yardley, we went out to get some Greek food at Canal Street.  We both ordered Greek salads but I got mine with lamb.  When the salads came out, I quickly noticed how enjoyable the lamb was.  The lamb was served in pretty thin pieces, kinda gyro stylish, but then cut into small pieces.  It was very tasty.

Since I was enjoying it so much I thought to offer Laura the following deal.  You see, we have this dynamic where I am regularly trying to get her to try foods she has never had before.  Lamb is one of those foods.  Despite my ongoing efforts to convince her of its delicatability, she has never tried and refuses to try lamb in any of its incarnations. 

I therefore offered that if she tried one piece (remember they were small) and didn't like it, I would change all of Cade's diapers during the coming weekend (that would have included me getting up at the god awful hours in the middle of the night despte the fact that I can't feed him).  She thought about it for a while but never bit.  So I was left wondering whether this was a fair deal.  What do you think? (just to clarify - I am asking whether the deal was fair and not whether lamb is good or bad).

Was trading lamb tasting for changing diapers a good deal?


No comments:

Post a Comment