Sunday, December 11, 2011

Introduction: Baby vs. Puppy

Hello intertube surfers!  Long time reader, first time blogger - so I'm learning as I go. 


Kallie enjoying a walk on the Ben Franklin Bridge
My wife, Laura, and I have been the proud parents of Kallie, a yellow lab for about 2 and 1/2 years now.   When not eating our walls or using our house as a restroom, she has been the apple of our eyes and the third member of our family.  Sometimes we're not sure whether she's our adopted or biological daughter (we haven't told which her yet).  In fact, Kallie seems to monopolize our photos, social networking profiles, and social lives.


It was just the three of us until December 6, 2011, when our first human child, a baby boy named Caden, exploded (almost literally) into the world.  We were quickly overwhelmed by the power of little Caden's charm.  Now that it is the four of us living in a small townhouse in downtown Philadelphia, we have been imagining that the two compete for our affection. 

I've since remembered what we were told by a number of friends of family-members throughout Laura's pregnancy - that Kallie would quickly take a back seat to Caden.   We always disagreed with their sentiments and assured them that Kallie would be equally important in our family.  Now, in order to conclusively proove who was right, I decided to document our daily routines to see who actually is cuter and more deserving of our love and affection. 

I therefore created this blog to analyze their daily behavior on a completely objective basis.  I'll pretty much be posting the best and worst of Caden and Kallie on an as often as possible basis, and then awarding points using a state-of-the-art system to the best child to the day.  I'll be continually tallying those points in order to determine the current front runner.



A quick note - to those saying it's not fair to make your children compete for our affection or that a baby has to be more important than a dog, I say don't read this blog.  This is only intended to be a fun and humorous way to document our day with Caden and Kallie.  Plus, I'll love whoever I want!

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you enjoy.

- Papasaurus

P.S. I just heard Caden make some seriously disturbing noises from his rear end....I think I know whose going to come out on top this day.

3 comments:

  1. I'll point out that unless I'm mistaken, you don't even know your son's birthday.

    I also think that you need some sort of tally sheet and/or score board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mac - We're a little tired, so proofreading has gone out the window. But still, pretty embarrasing...good catch on your part!

    Edit - Fixed the birth date to December.

    Agreed - I was planning on doing that just hadn't figured out how to add that functionality yet. As noted, fairly new to this, so was hoping to figure it out in the next day or two.

    ReplyDelete